1. Relating to or characterized by reconstruction.
2. Serving to rebuild, restore, or correct....
vis·u·al·ize
1. to recall or form mental images or pictures. –verb (used with object)
2. to make visual or visible.
3. to form a mental image of.
4. to make perceptible to the mind or imagination.
For the creatively inclined, Gordon McKenzie wrote a very amusing and interesting book entitled "Orbiting the Giant Hairball: A Corporate Fool's Guide to Surviving with Grace." In the book he tells of an opportunity he had to provide his own title, so he called himself the "Creative Paradox". Since then I have wondered if given the same opportunity, what title would I give myself. I have always had the knack of looking at something and being able to mentally break it down into it's constituent parts, visualizing how each part connects to those around it to form the whole. Since Reconstructive mentalist has now redeeming ring to it I settled on Reconstructive Visualist.Having this ability has opened many avenues allowing me to express my creativity. From making clothes to restoring and reupholstering furniture. From building and covering cornices to specialized picture framing. Basically if I can see it I can probably make it. This hasn't always resulted in a happy wife since many shopping sprees have ended in me (Mr. Cheapskate) convincing her that we don't have to buy it since I can make it for cheaper. Then, two years later, when I proudly present the finished item to my wife she has long since moved on. Luckily she is patient and usually, lovingly convinces me that it would be best for all if we simply went out and bought it.
When I grow up I would like to be a "Constructive Visualist", invent and produce a schmancy new product, grow a business and then retire. Who knows.
1 comment:
Well, the shower only took 2 years from start to finish. I'm looking forward to a new fireplace in 2 years time (construction should start this Fall)! :)
PS: What my husband didn't mention is that he is a perfectionist and even though it takes a long time for him to do something, its damn wonderful when its finished!
Post a Comment